
It's funny how when you want time to slow down, it seems to just speed up. It was a quick and mostly painless process for us to transition from diapers to panties. I say mostly painless because for the first day there was nothing that I could find that would give her an incentive to potty train. She kept laying down and pleading, put my diaper back on!!! Finally, and after *many* prayers I made the poster that you see in the background. I tried the idea of giving her a sticker for using the toilet, but in her words- "I'll just go on the floor" great. So this poster has little squares with this picture on it:
Every time she used the toilet, she could watch for 3 minutes. And so by that evening she was potty trained, so much that when Sunday came (4 days into the PT) she told the teachers 2 times that she needed to go, and HELD it until I could take her! I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father who is so interested in my efforts as a mother and who daily lifts me up and inspires me. I don't know how moms do it without the knowledge of prayer. This quote of President Gordon B. Hinckley always precedes my prayers to Heavenly Father: "Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interest in these little ones."

3 comments:
Bonnie, she is so cute, hope you don't mind that I am enjoying your blog! Love ya lots, Lucy
Yeah! I love when this milestone is over and gone with. The picture with her next to her sticker chart totally looks like Kerri to me. She's soooo cute!
YEAH!!!! Lydia!!!! : )
Post a Comment