Monday, September 21, 2009

Painting my nails

I've been working from home for a few hours a week for the past couple months. So I usually try to settle Lydia down with a book, coloring, a puzzle, little people or anything else that I can interest her in. Today I was on the phone when she asked if I could help her put her bib on because, "I want to pretend to eat food". So I help her with the bib. Shortly after I realized that she hadn't come in for a couple minutes (very unusual) and went to see what she was doing.
This is what I find:







You have to give her credit for finding a sturdy surface to paint her nails. She even had the bottle on a book on the ground at one point so that it wouldn't spill. I guess the bib was to protect her clothes because she knew it might be messy. Lydia always has her nails painted and lets me know when she needs a new coat. As we were painting her nails Sunday morning she asked if she could do it, I told her that she needed to wait until she was a little bit older. Lydia replied that she was old enough and that she knew how, but our converstation stopped because Joel came in the room or something. I guess she remembered! Don't you love how she did both hands?! I luckily caught her before she had painted her toes, and there was the smallest dab of nailpolish on the ground- other than that she kept it on the tub!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is truly the cutest thing EVER!!! I can't believe what a good job she did!!! : ) She's getting so big and so DANG cute!!! xoxoxo

Shani said...

You are going to have trouble with little Lydia when she discovers the art of makeup! What a doll!