Lots going on, but nothing really important enough to really write down, you know?
I wrote a blog post a couple days ago, meant to save it as a draft, but published instead- my bad! I don't think I will re-post it, I was under a little black rain cloud when I wrote it and don't like to have posts that are negative on my blog ;o)
I'm really enjoying having an "almost doctor" in the house. I was REALLY sick this weekend, sicker than I can ever remember being from a virus. My Humira doesn't really watch my back, only my intestines hehe, so I get sick really easily, really bad, and can't get over it. It started with these really crazy body shakes and I get really cold and my body can't warm up, then once I finally did warm up I spiked a temp of 102.9 in no time. I was so dizzy the room was spinning and I felt like I was floating. It was weird.
Luckily my personal doctor was home and he whisked me into our bedroom to keep the germs away from Lydia and helped get my temp down. He was so sweet to bring me pain reliever throughout the night and made sure my drink cup was never empty. It is really becoming evident that he really has enough knowledge to have earned his MD degree in just over a year. Crazy. Medical School has been kind of what I thought and a little bit different at the same time. Probably a lot harder. It's hard to be a wife of a medical student. Hours are long, studying is never ending. It's a long, long road. I realize that not all fields are great and that most people put in long hours to get to where they want to go, but at least they get a paycheck :o) The time that we are putting in right now will hopefully payoff at the end. I keep daydreaming of the day that residency will be over, actually though I would love to have it be the day after Match Day, then we will at least know where we are going. This summer he has 3 away rotations coming up, each of them are a month long. They call them audition rotations so the program can see how you work and all of that before they see your applications. We are still trying to figure out how that is going to work out, and where he is going. It would be nice to go with him for a least part of each one so I can see the areas to see if I like them!
Joel's just finishing his OB rotation which has been pretty cool. He has been there for several births, more c-sections than not. I am kinda (okay REALLY) glad that he is not interested in this field. The hours are crazy. Last week he had to work nights, which really by this point isn't a big deal at all. So he went into work at 4:30 and the shift went to 7:00 the next morning. Luckily he only worked past 11:00 a few times and only once did he really have to work until the next morning. It gave him a lot of time to go into school and study during the day. I really missed him putting down Lydia. With him being gone and busy so much I sometimes think that I am doing the home thing all by myself, which mostly I am. But come on, I'm okay with that. Joel works so much at school, then comes home and has to write a paper, put together a presentation, or write a patient workup, which is always followed up by studying up on what his patients have and treatments for them. Before Medical School I didn't understand how much work a medical student really has. I'm so impressed with him doing so well when he devotes time to our family, most of the people in his class are single or married without families and so they study non-stop. I can't remember the last time he was in bed before 1:00, and he isn't ever staying up watching tv or reading for fun. Then he gets up at 5:00 the next morning to study before rotations. I'm so grateful that he takes time to eat with us almost every night, always puts Lydia down and frequently does the dinner dishes. I'm so lucky that he makes such an effort to help relieve my stresses when his are so high.
Lydia is cuter and cuter every day, super busy and hard to keep up with. I am enjoying each stage and only slightly mourn now as she moves on :o)
Her favorite things to play right now are with her two little dollies that her Auntie Laurie gave her for her first birthday. She has named them Annie and Erica and she is the best little mommy I have ever seen. I am meaning to take more pictures of our days to document what is going on. I used to take so many pictures but then I felt I was missing the moments too much by being behind the camera. Now I think I have gone too far the other way when I don't think to capture something until it is too late! Happy balance right?
So while I don't promise another post anytime soon..... I do promise that it will be one of pictures!
1 comment:
I sure hope you are doing better!! Wow, when you wrote about your personal Dr. and how he came to your home---I thought "Now that is one AMAZING DR." and then I had to laugh because I totally forgot about Joel!!!! lol We love you!!!!
Post a Comment