Friday, April 30, 2010

The real pictures of the zoo

Joel was on spring break so we decided to go to the zoo over my birthday (goodbye mid-twenties, hello late-twenties...)  I planned this trip a couple weeks ago and talked it up BIG TIME to Lydia so on Tuesday morning when Lydia woke up the first thing she said was- Do we go to the zoo Today??
They were SO excited to go on the road trip!  We were very fortunate to be able to take Emma with us.  Lydia loved the buddy and it made everything more fun for her.
This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel and we love it.  It is definitely not a high scale hotel chain, but the price was very reasonable, and we loved the extras- Fresh popcorn from 3-10, free appetizers from 5:30 to 7:30, free breakfast.  We made sure we checked in right at 3 so that we could go swimming right away.  The popcorn wasn't ready when we arrived so they popped some especially for the girls.

We were warned that Emma might not fall asleep very easily, but I think all of the nap times at our house helped.  Lydia loved having someone to cuddle with and kept asking when Emma was going to wake up.  I found some cute shorts on clearance at target and wrapped them up so that the girls could be matching for the zoo.  When Lydia saw the present she got really excited because she thought that her birthday had finally arrived.   

2 comments:

DeNae I said...

I love the pictures! I'll have to get my kids out there soon, we miss the zoo.

The Dabo's said...

I love the Zoo too! It looked so much fun, and for Lydia to be able to have a friend come as well! Lucky girl!