
Once we finally made it to the zoo it was so much fun. We have been here several times, but I think this was the first time that Lydia really 'got' it. One of our favorite movies is Madagascar 2, and we watched it a couple days before leaving so that Lydia could get excited to see the animals. When we got to the Lions exhibit we were all disappointed to see just one Lion, sunning on a rock. When Joel asked her what the Lion did she said, "Rooooar!! But he didn't dance..."
The very best part is the old time carousel. I just love carousels for some reason, they make me think of earlier years and are so classic. Lydia also LOVES carousels. Emma and Lydia each went on 5 rides and on the last ride the cute old man taking tickets gave their tickets back to Joel and said that they could have a free ride since they were the best customers of the day. Joel had to take them on the carousel because I get motion sickness really easily, I loved seeing them run from animal to animal to choose just the perfect one. Lydia choose the carriage for one of the rides so that she could be just like Cinderella. Then Joel needed to sit next to her so that he could be the prince.



1 comment:
Such cute pictures!! You guys are just the cutest family--I'm so glad we get to live near you and experience medical school together. :) See you soon!
Post a Comment