There are many things in my life that I could just accept- but instead I choose to push and make things what I want them to be. I wanted to do everything in my power to get well and recover from my stroke. I had a deadline in mind- our health benefits would be cancelled if I didn't return to work within 6 weeks. I was going to the doctor's office frequently to get my blood checked to determine if the blood thinners were working. I had been in the hospital only a couple weeks previous to my stroke because of a flare-up for my Crohn's Disease- leaving us with a larger than usual pharmacy bill each month to help me come out of the flare.
I returned to work on the last day of the 6 week period. I was truly a miracle. It would be easy for someone on the outside to say that my recovery was from all of my hard work, my stubborn streak, and my young age. I know however that my complete recovery is actually a gift from a loving Heavenly Father. For whatever reason, I do have my sight back and I can walk. I am eternally grateful that I am able to do so many things. I am so grateful that he listened to my prayers and granted me more time on Earth. Life has been so amazing since then! I'm so grateful for my stroke and for that horribly hard time. Had I not been tried so hard- I would not have seen the love of my Heavenly Father- the grace that he gave to me. I would not have know really what it feels like to feel people's prayers for me. I would not appreciate my sight the way I do. I would not appreciate my life with Joel the way I do.
In the 8 1/2 years that we've been married there have been several things that have really thrown us for a loop, but each of them have made us stronger. I see life a little bit differently than most- I am so grateful for the perspective.
Most people are pleased when they run 5 miles-
I am just grateful when I can exercise without passing out!
I'm grateful when I maintain my weight.
I am grateful for every single day that I get to be a mom and a wife.
I am grateful for the love that I have for everyone I meet- I am thankful that I see the good in people.
I am grateful for an amazing dog that has blessed my life so much.
I am grateful to be married for eternity to such a choice and incredible man.
I am grateful that Joel is able to go to Medical School- to be a doctor- to become what he wants to become. I am grateful that not only do I get to be a stay-at-home mom, but that I have the knowledge that this is the most important work that I can do at this time.
I am so grateful for my stroke.
I am so grateful that I have Crohn's Disease.
I'm grateful for our families.
I'm grateful for all of the experiences and people that we have met because of our time in West Virginia. I'm grateful that I was born at this time.
I'm grateful for my testimony.
I'm grateful that I know that my life is in God's hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment