I was very blessed to be able to attend the Louisville LDS Temple this past Saturday, all by myself. I left mid-morning on Saturday and after an almost 4 hour drive I arrived to do a session by myself, then I drove back by myself. I needed the break and time alone, and was blessed with many wonderful inspirations, one of which I want to share. I felt that as a mom I needed to be more Present. I was getting in the habit of multi-tasking with Lydia, which of course has to happen sometimes, but how long do we get to have our little ones be little? So now I remind myself to be *Present*. When I play Little People with Lydia, I really play for a long time. When I have a task that needs to be done, I find a way to involve her so that we end up playing. This is how Lydia had her tea party, I had to fold laundry and so set up the laundry basket for her to play next to me, we had so much fun that the laundry is still piled up on the couch! I'm so grateful for this memory now. Laundry will always be there to be folded, counters will always need to be wiped, bills need to be paid, work needs to be done, there will always be things that need to be completed. But I am slowing down and being present each moment with my Lydia! Plus, seriously, look at how cute she is!! Who could resist just playing with her all day?!
Lydia served hot cocoa and pizza to her adorable guests: Honey Bear, Biggest Bear and Princess Bear.

No comments:
Post a Comment