Monday, February 21, 2011
Here we go again!
It's been several years since I had my last bowel resection and it is time to do it again!! I have to admit that over the past month I have been a nervous wreck, not feeling well, weak, sTreSSeD and all that. Finally though, I feel very peaceful about it and I am in a good place. I met with the surgeon last Monday and he scheduled me for my first surgery on Friday the 25 of February. This surgery is an outpatient procedure and should have a relatively short recovery. Then I have another surgery in a few weeks. I won't know exactly when that will be, it all depends on what he finds in the first surgery. Fun Stuff!!
I learn so much from these opportunities/ experiences. I am very excited for the surgery to be over, not just so that I am through the experience, but my doctor is hopeful that with this surgery I may be able to go into a remission for a few YEARS (what?!?!) I have never had that and am super excited. Of course I have to have 2 surgeries to get to that point, but anything worth having is worth working for.
As weird as it sounds, I am also grateful for these opportunities to be able to see the hand of God in my life. I feel it is a fair exchange for the testimony and faith that I have gained. I have no question that there is a God and that he loves me. Every time I go through these trials, I feel comfort that I know is Heaven sent.
I'm just ready for April to come- my surgeries will be over, our future will be sorted out, Joel will be a month away from graduation...... it will be a good month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good luck Bonnie! We are praying for you! If you need anything, PLEASE let me know! If you need someone to watch Lydia or whatever I am here! You are a brave and amazing woman, and I am lucky to know you!
Oh Bonnie, please let us know what we can do to help out. We would be happy to bring food, watch Lydia, clean your house, etc.
The next couple of months are going to be eventful, but exciting too. You will be in our prayers as we hope for quick recoveries both times.
Bonnie! Im so sorry to hear about the few surgeries you have to have. I will say it a hundred times... You are AMAZING! I look up to you so much you truly are an inspiration to me! I love reading your blog! Poor Lydia with her teeth! I can only imagine how bad you feel for her and her beautiful smile! I have dreams that my teeth are ruined and I wait up devastated-lol! But at least its not forever! I also loved reading you blog post about Hunger Games... I only got to Chapter 7 and I never picked it back up..it was never worth it to me and I didn't understand why but now you have reassured my questioning on that book! Miss you!
Good luck Bonnie! I hope everything goes smoothly and you can get back to normal quickly!!!
Post a Comment