Friday, May 13, 2011

Surgery



I am finally finished with the surgery saga.  It was rough to have 2 surgeries exactly 1 month apart.  I am so grateful for my body and how well it has bounced back.  It's been really hard, it is really hard for the caretakers to get my pain under control and I was at a '10' for over 24 hours.  Add to that there was a crazy women that I was sharing my first room with.  ALL. NIGHT. LONG. she was moaning and saying things like, "OOOOOH, Jesus help me!" Imagine an old women with a really bad hick accent.  ALL NIGHT LONG.  Then she kept calling for her Grandson "jaaay- DEEE" It was rough.  I would finally drift off then her voice would go on.  She wasn't quiet for longer than a few minutes at a time.  Finally by the next afternoon, after not sleeping from the pain and from this crazy women I had a break down.  The poor nurse came in and I burst into tears and said I couldn't do this anymore.  I didn't care where they moved me, but I had to be moved.  So they took me to a shared room, but a room mate never showed up.

I'm so grateful that Joel's mom was able to come out (and willing!!) to take care of Lydia.  All leading up to it, this is what I was worried about.  Judy did such a great job and I knew Lydia was being taken care of.

We are hoping that this is my LAST surgery- I have had so much taken out with this and my last resection that I don't have any more small bowel to spare.  Hopefully the Humira will do what it is supposed to do :o)

1 comment:

The Dabo's said...

I'm glad everything went okay. I too hope this is your last surgery!