Tuesday, May 10, 2011

 Lydia was having a hard time with the day being "daddy's special day".  She kept crying and asking it to be her special day.  She was so super excited for Joel and kept saying "Congratulations Daddy!!"  When we were waiting for the ceremony to start she was crying and begging to be aloud to sit with him, or at least have him sit with us.  Every few minutes at the beginning of the ceremony she would ask if he was done yet.  I don't think there was a single person prouder of a graduate than this little girl.  She yelled- Hi Daddy!! when the Doctors to be walked in and beamed when Joel immediately zeroed in on her location and waved.  As he walked across the stage she yelled for him again and kept saying Yea Daddy!! The whole audience thought she was adorable and I am told that those watching on the internet could hear her.  You can see how excited she is in the top picture, squeezing the life out of me :o)  While Joel was walking across the stage Lydia turned to me and said, "I don't want to be a mommy, I want to be a doctor!!"  I think that all of the pomp and circumstance appealed to her.  She would have been tickled to walk across that stage herself.

No comments: