Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Surgery Day

Holding the pager that kept me updated all day
(hehe, all the updates came after my
personal updates from my husband...... see below)

This picture isn't the best, but it is the only one on the way to the hospital



So, Lydia had her first surgery. It was for bi-lateral inguinal hernias. Incidently I had the same surgery 20 years ago. Joel had assisted with a hernia repair already so he wasn't very nervous until we were in the waiting room. I however was so nervous that I didn't sleep at all the night before. Lydia seemed fairly calm, I think we did well preparing her without too much info. We read the book Madeline, which helped a lot. Then we wrapped a few presents and showed them to her before we left for the hospital so that she would have something to look forward to when we came home.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Dabo's said...

Oh poor baby! Glad everything went great! I guess that surgery is super common. Mitch's little Derek had it done too. Hope you guys are doing well!